A Vote for Missy is a vote for:
- A strong VA beach and a strong economy for its future
- Safety in our schools and our community
- Protecting the environment and the shores we all love
- The Equal Rights Amendment, and getting it ratified in Richmond
- No more partisan redistricting / the fight against partisan redistricting
- Access to quality, affordable healthcare for every Virginian
Learn more about the issues shaping Missy’s campaign.
Military service and leadership has always been central to Missy’s life. From a naval scholarship to Villanova University, to a master’s degree in military communications after completing active duty. And in this race, Missy is proud to accept the endorsement of VoteVets.org.
In 2007, Missy opened a successful Rita’s Italian Ice franchise. Over ten years, as both owner and operator, she provided valuable working experience to over 100 local high school and college students and became a “Partner in Education” with numerous community schools.
Missy is an active volunteer, youth basketball and soccer coach, and leader of “the most delightful Girl Scout Troop imaginable.” She also serves on the Executive PTA Board for her local public school and started the preschool sports program at Star of the Sea School.
A strong advocate for safety in our schools and communities, Missy started a petition calling for common-sense locked doors and camera protocols in our Virginia Beach Elementary Schools. This petition gained over 2,500 signatures and led to real change.
And after years of inaction on the state level, Missy and others brought forward the Equal Rights Amendment to the Virginia Beach City Council, where it passed unanimously.